We put the rice to boil in salted water. For 2 cups of rice we used the same amount of water. Preferably use a special type of rice for salads. Let it boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
When the rice has boiled, pass it under a stream of cold water to stop the cooking process.
Put the rice in a bowl and leave it until it cools completely.
Add the mixture of boiled and well drained vegetables, well drained oil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Mix the ingredients well and taste if you still need salt.
Put the bowl in the fridge until ready to serve.
1. Chop the onion as finely as possible, then chop the other vegetables separately. Cook the onion for the vegetable pilaf for 1-2 minutes in the 4 tablespoons of oil.
2. Add the finely chopped vegetables and leave for another 2 minutes, then add the water, followed by the rice washed in several waters. Sprinkle a little salt to taste.
3. Place the lid on the pan and let the vegetable piling boil over low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until the water drops.
4. Then add the diced tomatoes and mix, then leave the pilaf with vegetables for another 5 minutes on low heat.
5. Sprinkle with finely chopped dill and serve the rice pilaf with hot vegetables, next to a meat dish or next to a lettuce or pickles.
Do you want an even more fragrant, tastier peasant pilaf? Instead of water, pour the rice pilaf concentrated chicken soup (click on the text for the recipe).
How to make fried rice with vegetables, eggs and cashews & # 8211 Best Tips & Tricks
1. First of all, what rice do we use
The rice you use in this food is very important because it must maintain its structure and texture when you fry it.
Below are the most used types of rice to make fried rice with vegetables:
- (most used) & # 8211 This is a type of Thai long grain rice and is best for making fried rice. & # 8211 A kind of long grain rice that grows in India, Pakistan and Nepal, and is very flavorful. It is very similar to Jasmine when it comes to flavor, but contains more starch.
- White rice with medium grain (carnaroli, arborio, vialone etc). It is usually used in risotto, and less to make fried rice. But it will also give you acceptable results if you don't have any of the first ones.
2. If you can, cook the rice the day before.
To make it perfect, you have to cook the rice a day before frying it, then leave it in the fridge overnight. It must be cold when you fry it.
And this is how to cook:
- In a saucepan, put 1 1/2 cups water, 1 cup Jasmine rice and a pinch of salt.
- Boil until it boils, then turn on the heat, put the lid on and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir with a fork and allow to cool.
- Then put it in a saucepan and leave it in the fridge overnight.
I know that it is not always possible to cook it the day before, so if you do it on the same day you do not have to take step 4.
In this case, you need to put it on a tray (after step 3) and spread it to cool more easily. If time allows, it would be advisable to put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. How to make it vegan
As I told you above, you can make vegan fried rice if you don't use eggs.
They can be replaced with chopped tofu cheese which will give it a protein boost and make it more nutritious.
The rest of the ingredients remain the same.
4. Make meal-planning with fried rice.
This fried rice with vegetables recipe is perfect for meal-planning.
You can make a larger quantity and keep it in pans in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
It's hard to believe that we can make lunch so easy for the next 3 days, right?
If you also make this chicken salad then you can stay calm all week.
5. Make fried rice in a cast iron skillet or wok
Any food that contains sauteed vegetables should be made in a cast iron skillet or wok.
And this also applies to the fried rice recipe. The pan and wok help the vegetables to cook faster, evenly and will give them a slightly crunchy texture.
6. What vegetables are fried rice made with?
The best part of this fried rice recipe is that you can change the vegetables with your favorites, or with any vegetables you have left in the fridge.
Many times my fridge is filled with older vegetables and as I hate to waste food I use them to make this recipe.
And these are some of the vegetables that fit best: carrots, corn, green beans, cauliflower, pumpkin, etc.
It is very important to cut them into small pieces to cook quickly and evenly.
At the end, let's see the most important points to keep in mind if you make this recipe for fried rice with vegetables.
- Use Jasmine rice (the most popular), Basmati or medium grain white rice (carnaroli, arborio).
- If you can, cook the rice the day before. If not, you need to cook it early enough so that it has time to cool until fried.
- Replace eggs with chopped tofu cheese if you want to make it vegan.
- Cook the rice and vegetables in a cast iron skillet or wok.
- You can change the vegetables with your favorites, but remember to cut them into small pieces to cook quickly and evenly.
And now, after so much culinary advice, it's time to show you how to make a recipe for fried rice with vegetables and eggs.
And if you do, don't forget to put it on Instagram with the hashtag #blondelish and tag me in the picture. I am very curious how you cook my recipes.
Ah, and one more thing. If you liked this video recipe and want to see more please subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- 2 canned tuna, pieces, in its own juice
- 450 gr frozen Mexican vegetables
- 1 baked pepper
- 200 gr pasta, shells
- 1 red onion
- 1 leurda tie
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 celery root
- 1 teaspoon classic mustard
- 50 ml oil
- a few lettuce leaves
- water for cooking pasta and vegetables
Ingredients for the tuna and vegetable rice salad recipe:
- 250 gr basmati rice
- 1 large box of tuna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1 diced green pepper
- 200 gr boiled frozen green beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped dill (or parsley, basil)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 hard boiled eggs (for decoration)
- 1 sliced onion (for decoration)
- freshly ground pepper
Rice salad with vegetables and tuna
Boil the rice and cool under running cold water. Divide the rice into 3 equal parts.
One part is colored with parsley water - a bunch of parsley mixed in a blender with 100 ml of water, which must be strained.
One part is colored with curry mixed with 15 ml of olive oil. The colored rice is kept separately and mixed until all the rice grains have the same color, one yellow and one green.
Drain the canned tuna and scald the vegetable mixture.
Grate the lemon peel and squeeze the juice. The cheese should be cut into small cubes.
In a large glass bowl, mix the 3 different rice grains with the tuna, vegetable mix and chopped cheese. Taste with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
For an extra taste, at the end add a bunch of finely chopped parsley, finely chopped.
Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package.
If you are not making rice in a bag, boil 100 g of rice in boiling salted water. You don't have to boil it too much, let the grain be a little hard. Allow to cool.
Prepare a salad dressing from a lemon, a few tablespoons of olive oil, preferably extra virgin and flavored with salt and pepper.
Slice the olives if they are whole.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
The celery stalk is cleaned of string and cut into small pieces.
Put the rice, grated carrot, celery and olives in a bowl.
Stir then pour in the salad dressing.
It can be served immediately or left in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Try it yourself rice salad with vegetables and olives.
We peel the potatoes and carrots and put them on the grater with big holes. We clean the onion and finely chop it. We clean the eggplant, cut it into small cubes, salt it and let the juice drain.
Heat a little oil and add the potatoes, carrots and onions and heat them. When the juice left by the vegetables decreases, add the eggplant cubes squeezed by the juice. As I wrote you can use zucchini instead of eggplant.
Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and then put the mixture in a strainer and let it cool.
In a bowl add the vegetable mixture, tuna, chopped greens, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper.
Mix well until smooth.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Form the larger meatballs and pass them through the breadcrumbs and then place them in the tray on a baking paper. You can give them the shape of sticks if you want.
If you want to make a beautiful crust, grease them with a little olive oil.
Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes until nicely browned.
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.
RICE SALAD WITH VEGETABLES
Rice salad with peppers in three colors, peas and olives is tasty and healthy. You can easily turn this salad by adding diced ham, or tuna, chicken, but it goes perfectly with seafood. All you have to do is adapt it to your own tastes.
200 g of rice
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
2 tablespoons peas
2 tablespoons pitted olives
1 green onion
a few sprigs of parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice & # 8211 optional
1 bay leaf
Boil the rice in 600 ml of water with a little salt, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, a bay leaf and a carrot. During this time, chop the diced peppers, olives, onions and parsley.
You can also put boiled carrots in the salad, or if you like corn you can add 2 tablespoons of berries, for more color.
Add salt and olive oil and mix all the salad ingredients to homogenize the composition.
We serve it cold as such or we can use it as a garnish.